1. The organizer of Lodz Marathon "Dbam o Zdrowie" is Polska Grupa Farmaceutyczna S.A. and the Municipal Authority of Łódź.
2. The contractor is Sport Evolution Sp.j. with its seat in Warsaw, ul. Czapli 31a, 02-781 Warszawa.
3. The strategic sponsor of the event is the chain of Pharmacies Dbam o Zdrowie.
4. The honorary patron of the event is the President of the City of Łódź.
1. To promote the running as the commonest form of physical exercise.
2. To promote Łódź in Poland and abroad.
3. To promote physical exercise among the inhabitants of Łódź and surrounding areas.
4. To develop civic society based on the concept of voluntary service.
III. TIME AND VENUE
1. The run will take place on 19 April 2015 on the streets of Łódź.
2. The runners will start at al. Unii Lubelskiej at 9 AM.
3. The finish line of the run will be located in Atlas Arena at ul. Bandurskiego 7.
4. Detailed route of the marathon can be found on the web page www.lodzmaraton.pl under the tab “Route”.
5. The length of the route: 42.195 km. The route will be approved by PZLA and IAAF.
6. The route will be marked with vertical and horizontal marks every 1 kilometre.
7. From 9 AM to 3 PM, along with the runners’ progress on the route, the route will be gradually closed to vehicular traffic (except for trams and Organiser’s vehicles). The closure of traffic applies also to bicycles and inline skates. Persons without a race number cannot stay on the route except persons performing organisational functions. Persons that violate the aforementioned prohibition can be removed from the route of the race by relevant services.
8. At the start line, the competitors should line up in time zones marked by the Organiser.
IV. PARTICIPATION RULES
1. Only persons that turn 18 no later than on the day of the event can take part in Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie.
2. Each participant taking a start in Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie must be verified at the Race Office.
Each and every participant will be allowed to take part in the race only on condition that he or she signs a representation on absence of contraindications to take part in the race, in the form that will be available from the Race Office, or he or she presents during verification a medical bill certifying that there are no contraindications to take part in a marathon run.
4. The Race Office will be located in Atlas Arena at ul. Bandurskiego 7. The Race Office will be open on the following days and hours:
- 17 April 2015 (Friday) from 12 AM to 9 PM
- 18 April 2015 (Saturday) from 9 AM to 6 PM
Note! . Late registration in the race can only be possible on 17 & 18 April 2015.
5. The participants in Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie are subject to the time limit of 6 hours. Those participants whose time exceeds 3 hours at the half point will have to stop running and leave the route. All the participants that fail to arrive at the finish line by 3 PM will have to stop running and leave the route. They can arrive at the finish line in the sweep bus marked “Race End”.
6. Any person that stays on the route after that time does it at his or her risk and can be penalised for a violation of traffic regulations and of the Civil Code.
7. All the participants in Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie have the duty to adhere to the instructions from persons responsible for safety, security personnel and staff of the Organiser.
8. Decisions of the medical staff concerning continuation of the race are final and cannot be changed.
9. The Organiser will provide the participants with third-party liability insurance and insurance against accidents of up to 5,000 PLN.
10. Participants disqualified for doping and undergoing penalty may not start in Łódź Maratonie Dbam o Zdrowie until the disqualification ends.
V. APPLICATION FORM AND ENTRY FEE
1. Applications to take part in Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie will be received through the application form available on the web page www.lodzmaraton.pl.
2. The online applications will be received up to 4 April 2015. Following that deadline, it will be possible to enrol only at the Race Office on 11 and 12 June 2014.
3. Application is considered validly made only if a properly completed application form and signed representation are delivered and the entry fee is paid (except for persons exempted from the entry fee).
4. The limit of participants in Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie is 5000 people. The Organiser reserves its right to end the enrolment in case the limit is reached.
5. The entry fee for participation in Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie varies depending on the payment time and amounts to:
up to 31 December 2014 PLN 80
up to 28 February 2015 PLN 100
up to 16 April 2015 PLN 120
on 17 and 18 April 2015 PLN 180
6. The fee should be paid to the account:
Stowarzyszenie Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie
Account number: 26 1160 2202 0000 0001 9869 7755
Description of the transfer: Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie Entry fee for …(replace the dots with the name of the competitor).
7. Each participant must pay the entry fee within 7 days of making his or her application. Otherwise his or her application will be cancelled.
8. When the entry fee has reached the Organiser, the race number appears alongside the name of the competitor.
9. In case the entry fee is made in insufficient amount (for example, as a result of missing the payment deadline stipulated in the present regulations), the competitor will have to pay the difference to reach the amount that he or she should have paid according to the deadline corresponding to the first payment.
10. Note! Persons making the payment in currency other than Polish zloty should pay the equivalent of the rates given in subsection V.5, and the conversion will be made automatically by the bank.
11. Persons that pay the entry fee after 4 April 2015 should carry a document certifying the entry fee’s payment for the purpose of verification at the Race Office.
12. The competitors, who are 60 on 19 April 2015, are exempt from payment of the entry fee. In any other case, an exemption from the entry fee is a sovereign decision of the director of Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie.
13. It is possible to pay the entry fee for several participants using one payment form (one transfer). In such a case, the description of the transfer should be “Group payment” accompanied by names of the participants for whom the entry fees are paid.
14. When collecting the package, the competitors must produce an ID with a photo so that their personal data and age can be verified.
15. Once paid, the entry fee cannot be reimbursed. It is not possible to apply the entry fee paid to a different participant.
16. The entry fee includes the following items to be received by each participant in the main race:
- race number with four safety pins,
- memorial T-shirt Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie,
- beverages (water, isotonic drink) along the route and at the finish line,
- sponge along the route,
- medal at the finish line,
- clothes bag (depository),
- option to sleep overnight in the sports hall free of charge,
- meal coupon for Pasta Party (18 April 2015),
- information folder of Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie,
- gifts from sponsors and partners of the event.
VI. WATER & FOOD STATIONS, REFRESH STATIONS AND CHECKPOINTS
1. Water & Food stations will have isotonic drinks, water and bananas and will be located every 5 kilometres beginning from kilometre 5 (banana stations every 10 km).
2. Refresh stations will have water and will be located every 5 km beginning from kilometre 7.5.
3. There will be no food stations with competitors’ own supplements along the route of Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie.
4. The route of Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie will be equipped with electronic time-measuring checkpoints. Skipping a checkpoint as well as running on pavement, grass or any part of the road that is not a part of the route may result in disqualification.
1. Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie will include the following rankings:
- a/ Men and Women General Category
- b/ Men and Women Age Categories
W 18-29 M 18-29
W 30-39 M 30-39
W 40-49 M 40-49
W 50-59 M 50-59
W 60-69 M 60-69
W 70+ M 70+
- c/ Łódź Champion Category
An inhabitant of Łódź is understood as a person officially registered as a resident of Łódź (either temporally or permanently).
- d/ Pharmacists’ Ranking
Pharmacist – is a person, who has the licence to work as a pharmacist (pharmacist or pharmaceutical technician), working in a pharmacy, a pharmaceutical outlet or a pharmaceutical warehouse.
- e/ team ranking (this ranking is subject to separate regulations).
2. Bearing in mind the poor condition of the surface along the marathon route, the Organiser does not accept disabled persons in wheelchairs to take part in the event. Disabled persons in wheelchairs are allowed to take part in the 10 000 metre-run.
1. All competitors who finish Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie will receive memorial medals at the finish line.
2. Financial prizes and cups will be awarded to the first four top finishers in the general ranking of men and women. The value of prizes in the general ranking can be found on the web page www.lodzmaraton.pl under the tab “Prizes”.
3. First three top finishers in the age rankings of men and women will receive memorial figurines and small awards.
4. First three top finishers in the Łódź Champion ranking of men and women will receive memorial figurines and small awards.
5. The Organiser reserves its right to award additional prizes in rankings of its choice.
6. The prizes and bonuses will be awarded on condition that the competitor in question has finished the race and has been negatively tested for doping drugs. Winners of monetary prizes will have income tax deducted pursuant to applicable regulations.
7. Competitors that will be awarded prizes in the general ranking will not be awarded prizes in the age rankings.
IX. OVERNIGHT ACCOMODATION AND FOOD
1. Each and every competitor covers the cost of entry fee, accommodation, travel, food on his or her own.
2. The Pasta Party will take place on 18 April 2015 between 2 PM – 6 PM in Atlas Arena. Admission to the Pasta Party is included in the entry fee.
3. The Organiser will provide water and isotonic beverage along the route of Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie.
4. The Organiser will provide free overnight accommodation during the night between 17 April and 18 April 2015 (Sunday). Persons willing to use this option are kindly requested to send their applications by electronic mail to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 April. Number of places is limited. The Organiser will not provide sleeping bags or mattresses.
X. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
1.Personal data of participants in Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie will be processed for the purposes of carrying out Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie, to select the winner and to award, release, receive the prize and carry out clearance of the prize.
2.Personal data of participants in Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie will be used according to the conditions laid down in the Personal Data Protection Act (“ustawa o ochronie danych osobowych”) of 29 August 1997 (consolidated text: Journal of Laws of 2002, No 101, item 926). Personal data administrator is the Organiser.
3.The data mentioned in subsection 1 to be processed in connection with participation in Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie will also include publication of the given name and family name of the participant, including the locality where he or she lives – in any way in which the project will be published or disseminated.
4.Every participant shall have the right to consult his or her personal data and correct the same.
5.8. Disclosure of the personal data and consenting to their processing are voluntary, but necessary for anyone to take part in Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie. By delivering a duly completed and signed application form to the Organiser, the participant gives consent and permits use of the personal data he or she has disclosed in order to have information about future events and commercial products sent to him or her as well as for internal administrative and analytical needs, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws No 33, item 883). Participant has the right to withdraw such consent and he or she can do it at any time by sending respective communication to the Organiser’s address.
6.All information concerning participants obtained by the Organiser and included in the entry form will be recorded in electronic way and in each case they will be used pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws No 133, item 883). The Organiser will not disclose this information to third parties.
XI. COMPLAINT PROCEDURE
1.Any complaints concerning Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie should be sent as a reasoned written document to the Contractor at the address: Sport Evolution, ul. Czapli 31a, 02-781 Warsaw, marked “Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie - Reklamacja”, within 7 (seven) days of the date when the run has taken place, in person or by registered mail (the date on the postal stamp determines the date of filing).
2.Any complaints sent following expiry of the deadline mentioned in subsection 1 of the present Paragraph will not be processed.
3.The Organiser will process the complaints concerning Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie within 30 (thirty) days of their receipt.
4.Decision of the Organiser with respect to the complaints concerning Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie shall be final.
XII. FINAL PROVISIONS
1. All participants in Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie are subject to the present Rules & Regulations.
2. The Organiser reserves its right to make an interview with any participant, to take pictures of or filming him or her for the purposes of advertisement, promotion, use in the Internet or in radio and television broadcasts as well as for other commercial purposes.
3. The Organiser reserves its right to use free of charge all pictures, film materials, interviews and sound recordings presenting the participants in the run. The foregoing can be used by the Organiser by recording on carriers such as CD-ROM, DVD, in catalogues or media, on web pages, in journals and on exhibitions as well as for promotional and advertisement purposes connected with business pursued by the Organiser.
4. It is strictly forbidden to carry any drugs, illegal substances, agents increasing physical capacity as well as alcohol agents of any type to the venue of the race. Participants are prohibited from consuming such agents and substances both before and in the course of the run on pain of exclusion from the race. In case a participant is found to be in breach of the aforementioned prohibition, the Organiser reserves its right not to allow him or her to take part in the race or exclude him or her during the race.
5. By delivering a duly completed and signed application form to the Organiser, the participant gives consent and permits use of the personal data he or she has disclosed in order to have information about future events and commercial products sent to him or her as well as for internal administrative and analytical needs, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws No 33, item 883). Participant has the right to withdraw such consent and he or she can do it at any time by sending respective communication to the Organiser’s address.
6. All information concerning participants obtained by the Organiser and included in the entry form will be recorded in electronic way and in each case they will be used pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws No 133, item 883). The Organiser will not disclose this information to third parties.
7. Each participant in the run must place the race number on his or her chest on pain of disqualification.
8. The Organiser will ensure medical care along the route and at the finish line of the race.
9. The Organiser will provide changing rooms with showers and depository in Atlas Arena at ul. Bandurskiego 7.
10. The Organiser shall not be liable for items lost during the event.
11. After the race has finished, there can be doping testing made, and any competitor selected by the Commission will have to undergo the testing under any circumstances.
12. The results will be published on the event’s web page www.lodzmaraton.pl and communicated to the mass media.
13. The diploma for finishing the race will be available for download within 7 days of the end of the event on the web page www.lodzmaraton.pl.
14. The Organiser reserves its right to cancel the event without reasons. The run will take place irrespective of weather conditions.
15. Written protests are received by the Race Office from 4 PM on the date of the race, subject to payment of deposit. The deposit will be returned following positive granting of the protest.
16. All matters not addressed to in these Rules & Regulations shall be decided by the Organiser.
ŁÓDŹ MARATON DBAM O ZDROWIE – Team Ranking Regulations
1. Teams representing sports clubs, companies, institutions, other communities as well as teams of competitors running under the same name can take part in the team ranking.
2. A team is composed of at least 4 persons, including at least one woman. There is no cap on the number of members in a team.
3. Competitors, who are members of teams, are subject to the Rules & Regulations of “Łódź Maraton Dbam o Zdrowie”. One competitor may be a member of one team, only.
4. The team is led by its captain. The captain is the sole person, who may:
- enrol the team to take part in the team ranking,
- determine composition of the team,
- act in the name of the team,
- contact the organisers of Łódź Maratonu Dbam o Zdrowie
- 5. The final result of the team is the sum of the four best times achieved by its members (including at least one woman). The team with least sum of the 4 said times wins. In case less than 4 competitors-members of the team finish the race (or no woman finishes it), the team will not be ranked.
6. The captain can enrol the team by communicating its full composition (given names, family names, birth years and race numbers of the competitors) in the form of Excel table to the address email@example.com. Team applications can be sent up to 4 April 2015. Following 7 April, no changes to the teams’ composition can be made. The list of enrolled teams and their composition will be published on the web page www.lodzmaraton.pl by 8 April 2015.
7. Team ranking is a general ranking. There is no breakdown in age categories. The Organiser reserves its right to arrange for internal rankings within the team rankings.
8. In case identical results are achieved by more than one team, the final ranking will determined, in the first place, according to the number of enrolled members (the bigger the number, the higher the ranking) and, in the second place, times of best members of the team.
9. Cups will be awarded to the three first top team finishers.